The Council may elect as a Fellow at and during the pleasure of the Council, any person who:
- Has attained the age of thirty-five years, and
- Holds a professional qualification acceptable to the Council, and
- Is at the time of one’s application engaged and has been engaged in some branch of the profession in Uganda for at least three years, and
- Has had at least five years post professional qualification of acceptable practical experience in the profession,
- Is a principal in a professional firm or a senior partner of holding a senior position in Government or public body,
- Has made outstanding contribution towards the advancement of the profession, and
- Has fulfilled such other conditions as Bye-Laws of the Institution may prescribe.
Fellows have the right to attend and vote at any General Meeting of the Institution and are eligible for election to the Council and to any office of the Institution.
Every Fellow shall be entitled to use the suffix F.I.S.U.