Greetings from the Governing Council, Management and staff of the Institution of Surveyors of Uganda.
On behalf of the 27th Council, I want to thank the members of the Institution for giving us the mandate to move our Institution forward. I wish to commend President Richard Masereje and the entire 26th Council for their strong leadership and for having improved tremendously the image and brand of ISU. I am happy to note that we are taking over from a Council that has raised the bar so high especially regarding the brand of ISU. We pledge to work hard to ensure that the brand of ISU continues to rise both nationally and internationally.
In line with the ISU Strategic Plan 2016/17-2021/22, the 27th Council will direct its energy and resources towards following key action areas:
- Fully operationalising the Committees of Council to ensure that they are responsive to the needs of members and the profession
- Addressing members’ welfare by setting up the ISU SACCOS through which members can be able to save and access low interest credit. Roll out the ISU Benevolent Fund as resolved by the AGM and engage Insurance Companies to ensure that members can access affordable Health insurance, Vehicle Insurance and Professional Indemnity.
- Ensure that ISU’s relevance at both national and international levels is upheld and promoted by training members to provide leadership at all levels. In addition engage development partners and other stakeholders to solicit funding for the activities of the Institution.
- Continue the implementation of the on-line Assessment of Professional Competence to facilitate faster upgrade of graduate members to professional associates.
- Promote the continuous development of members by organising relevant CPD activities, setting up the Young Surveyors Network to address the needs and interests of the young surveyors, setting up a taskforce to promote women in surveying
- Take the Institution to rest of the country by organising ISU activities in different parts of the country.
I am confident that the 27th Council will strive to achieve the above mentioned initiatives within our term of office. As I said at the AGM, this council is one of the youngest ever elected to office. We bring dynamism, commitment and innovativeness. We pledge to serve you with utmost dedication. With your support we are convinced that we will be able to move ISU forward.
Dr. Ronald Ssengendo
ISU President 2018-2019